Ultra Clear Optical Sealing Film with pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive.
The SF-UC-500 combines an optically clear polyolefin layer with a strong, ultra-smooth, non-absorbing, non-fluorescing medical-grade silicone adhesive for superior performance in real-time PCR applications. This film has a perforated, plastic liner for easy removal prior to use. The film and adhesive both allow for extreme optical clarity and consistency.
The silicone adhesive is inert and non-tacky until pressure is applied to the sealing surface which then creates a secure bond around the circumference of each well and the perimeter of the plate. Also ideal for dry samples (e.g. soil, seeds, insects, etc.) because the non-activated adhesive above the wells remains untainted by the adhesive. A roller is highly recommended for use with this product to ensure consistent and adequate pressure is applied during the sealing process.
- Highest optical clarity and low auto-fluorescence for real-time PCR
- Pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive is medical-grade, non-absorbing, and non-fluorescing
- The non-tacky adhesive simplifies film handling and positioning, and minimizes contamination
- Easy-peel, perforated plastic liner
- Chemically resistant to DMSO, acetonitrile, and methanol
- Universal cut film for use with a variety of plate formats, including flat-top, non-skirted, raised-rim and semi-skirted PCR plates
- Thickness: 147 μm / 5.8 mil
- Temperature Range: -80 °C to +105 °C
- Certified DNase/RNase/Human DNA free. Non-pyrogenic.